Our car-facility follows the guidelines approved by the British Standard Institution. As the British government has a set of rigid rules in treating tyre punctures and tyre repair Harrogate, we adhere to the BSAU 159. Our experts religiously follow all the guidelines and provide repairs and replacements as per the requirement.
Common puncture repair methods
There are three puncture repair methods available. These are,
- An external repair by using tyre string,
- An internal repair with a repair patch,
- An internal repair by using a combination of repair patch and plug.
However, according to the British Standard, there are certain details that are required to be checked before preceding the puncture repair Harrogate services.
A tyre puncture cannot be repaired in the following cases,
- If the tread depth has reached below the legal limit of 1.6mm.
- If the structure is broken.
- If the tyre has become old and brittle.
- If the cords are visible.
- If there is any sign of DIY repairs.
- If the sidewall of the tyre is damaged or there is a bulge showing
At Harrogate, we run mandatory checks before proceeding to tyre repair Harrogate. Also, we ensure that the tyres are all in perfect working condition and are ready to be on the road again.
We understand how frustrating it can be to wait on the road with a flat tyre that is why we guarantee prompt puncture or replacement services at our car-facility.
Get in touch with us at 01423 500688 for any kind of vehicle-related services.